Have you been washing your hands all day everyday? If you’re like me, you’re constantly on the search for hand wash that does NOT dry out your skin. And even those brands that say they won’t DO!
There’s a major missing component within the soap of these large name brands. The attention to care in every bar of soap. This truly sets apart small business brands from large name brands.
According to unicef.gov, and in light of our current situation, we need to be extra mindful of keeping our hands clean.
Wash your hands
* After using the toilet, changing diapers, or helping children to use the toilet
* Before and after eating
* After handling garbage or touching animals or pets
* After blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
* After visiting any public place
* After touching surfaces outside of your home, especially metal surfaces
* Before, during and after helping someone who is sick.
Components of my soap that assist in hygiene and skin care: SoapMamaLamb natural handcrafted soaps, like any true soaps that are created through the process of saponification, work as surfactants to lower the surface tension on the skin.
This helps to remove dirt and microbes when hands are washed thoroughly for at least 20 seconds. Handmade soaps retain glycerin, which is a byproduct of saponification. As you know, glycerin is well known as a humectant, and that means that it draws moisture to the skin, helping to keep it healthy and soft.
Additionally, my soaps are “superfatted” and contain added lipids (fats & oils) that provide a protective film on the skin. This is especially important right now when we’re all being extra vigilant about washing our hands.
Each batch of SoapMamaLamb is truly made with the customer in mind. I listen to feedback from my customers, and learn and grow with them.
Because my soaps are handmade with natural and botanical ingredients that are rich in nutrients and antioxidants (oils and butters, organic yogurt, honey and maple syrup, essential oils…), you can feel safe and confident when using them.
Handmade soaps are true soaps (created through saponification), not detergents like many mass produced soaps on the market.
My soaps are beautiful, smell wonderful, and bring joy to my customers.
It’s very important to find ways to give back, so a portion of proceeds from SoapMamaLamb are donated to a small nonprofit in our community, Mayor Potencial (www.mayorpotencial.org) for their work in a tiny rural community in rural Honduras.
Currently I offer the following soap scents/types:
* Fir needle
* Rose geranium
* Eucalypus & peppermint
* Sweet orange & honey
* Frankincense & myrrh
* Tea tree oil with activated charcoal
* Beer soap with chocolate and peppermint (made with stout)
* Berry scented red wine (made with cabernet)
* Coffee latte scrub, unscented (made with Copper Horse coffee)
* Oatmeal, milk and honey
* Unicorn soap with Southern Peach scent
* Sweet baby soap, unscented & formulated for young children